fearless mother HYPNOBIRTHING
Fearless Mother Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal education, intended to help you feel calm and in control through childbirth. It provides knowledge, information and skills that will enable you to release fear and to trust your body, your instincts and your baby.
Benefits of the Hypnobirthing:
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain-free birth
- Length of labour is often much shorter with Hypnobirthing births
- Mums often recover much more quickly after a Hypnobirthing birth as working with the body means that the physical impact of giving birth is reduced
- Your baby will arrive to a calm, relaxed environment ready to bond with you
- Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop easily and naturally after birth
- We often get told great birth stories of Hypnobirthing babies being calm, content and really good sleepers. The long-term benefits of Hypnobirthing really cannot be overestimated.
The Fearless Mother Hypnobirthing Course
Fearless Mother Hypnobirthing @ FIX is a four-week course that will empower you to approach the birth of your child with a positive mindset, able to trust your body, your instincts and your baby. We'll talk about how to get the best from the healthcare system and provide support right up to the birth to answer any questions that may arise.
What you will learn:
- The information and tools that enable you to release fear and have a positive mindset about birth so that you can feel excited about your birth and look forward to meeting your baby
- Your partner will learn the best way to support you during pregnancy, your birth and the hours following the birth of your baby.
- Breathing techniques for a calm and effective birth
- The established medical knowledge behind Hypnobirthing
- How your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort
- How to release fear and build confidence using deep relaxations, visualisations and affirmations
- Massage techniques to encourage the release of oxytocin
- How to effectively navigate and get the best from the British medical system and calmly deal with the unexpected
- How to encourage your baby into the best position for birth
- Additional tools to assist you in birth such as homeopathy and aromatherapy
What you will receive:
- The Hypnobirthing book (£12.97)
- An MP3 of Birth and Calmness Relaxations (£4)
- A pack of comprehensive information including advice on pregnancy nutrition, what to pack for hospital, a list of doulas and independent midwives I recommend
- A Whatsapp group to connect you with the group of mums and dads in your Hypnobirthing class
- My support by phone and email until your baby arrives
- 12 hours of in-depth material that you really can't do without!
Courses are 12 hours of contact time, consisting of 4 x 3 hour sessions running on consecutive Sundays from 3.30pm-6.30pm.
Upcoming course dates are below. Please call us on 020 8555 7165 to book your place.
January / February course (21st January, 28th January, 4th February, 11th February)
March / April course (11th March, 18th March, 25th March, break for Easter, 8th April)
Hypnobirthing at Fix
Sara had a positive birth when her son was born but experienced up close the challenges of the NHS and it’s medicalised approach to childbirth, as well as the popular notion that childbirth is an inevitably painful experience.
Sara used Hypnobirthing techniques suggested to her by a friend and it was these small pieces of advice that really helped her to navigate the medical system and to have a positive birth experience.
Realising after her son’s birth how integral these techniques had been, she looked into Hypnobirthing in more detail- reading books and speaking to people about their own Hypnobirthing experiences - and realised that the techniques she had used were just the tip of the amazing iceberg that is Hypnobirthing. She was astounded by the way that the skills that Hypnobirthing provides, along with the knowledge of how the body works in childbirth, can free women from the fear often felt about childbirth, enabling them to look forward to the birth of their child and to have incredibly empowering, positive birth experiences.
And so she knew she had to be part of it! Sara carried out her training with Katherine Graves (founder of KGHypnobirthing- the original UK Hypnobirthing course) and began in her mission to empower women and their partners to experience childbirth as the wonderful, natural experience it is.